We have developed this privacy statement because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal details when you visit or use the cobblestonealley.ie website. We are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
GDPR sets out the following rights
- The right to access the personal information a company holds on you
- The right to have personal information sent directly to you or another organisation
- The right to have inaccuracies corrected
- The right to object, including in relation to direct marketing
- The right to restrict the processing of information
- The right to have information erased
Personal Identification Information
- We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website and in stores. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information (only applicable when making a payment for goods and services). Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
- We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
we may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider’s utilized and other similar information.
- Digital Marketing
- Here at Cobblestone Alley we will not send you any information unless you have requested it, or unless someone, who we will identify, has requested that we pass that information on to you. You may opt to receive communications which we consider may be of interest to you, from us by any of the following methods: email, SMS text message, social media and phone calls. You will be asked to opt-in if you wish to receive these.
- If you have an account, log in, visit the ‘My Account’ area and change your preferences.
- Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our Social campaigns
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us, or made a purchasing enquiry or closed your browser with items in your shopping basket. You have the right to opt out of us sending you this information at any time;
- To show you targeted advertising online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes.
- Banner messages and personalised adverts on other websites
- The recommendations will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of our services (for example, your Cobblestone Alley search history, and the content you read on CobblestoneAlley.ie) or on banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
- If you don’t want to see these ads, then you can either disable cookies in your browser, or reject cookies from the site you’re visiting. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
Web Browser Cookies
- When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website, and use your account to buy products online
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- We collect data from publicly-available sources when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
How We Use Collected Information
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. Cobblestone Alley may collect and use Users personal information for the following
- To improve customer service Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise the user experience We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our site We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other site feature.
- Safety, security, health, training, administrative and legal purposes;
- To send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- Let you track items that you purchase online using our secure order tracking service
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions on products or services of specific interest to the customer, and/or other requests include company news, updates, related product or service information.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
- How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
- Our servers are located in a secure facility and any access to your personal data is strictly controlled and limited only to persons who are authorised and have appropriate security clearance to access the servers
- How can you access your personal Information?
- You have the right to see information we hold about you, with some exceptions which are described in the privacy laws. You have the right to request us to correct any inaccurate information.
- How long will we keep your data?
- Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
- At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
- Some examples of customer data retention periods:
- When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for five years so we can comply with our legal, contractual obligations and service to our customers.
- If your order included a warranty, the associated personal data will be kept until the end of the warranty period.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business for example IT companies who support our website and other business systems and Operational companies such as delivery couriers
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
- Transferring data internationally
- In order to provide our goods and services we may need to transfer your information from your country of residence to another country in the usual course of our business. By dealing with us and submitting your personal information, you agree to the transfer, storage, and/or processing of your personal information outside of your country of residence as set out below.
- Transferring outside of the EEA
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
By using this Site and receiving e-mails, text messages and social media, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site and if applicable unsubscribe from our mailing list and text messages. Your continued use of the Site and acceptance of e-mails and text messages following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.